Saturday, August 29, 2020

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

 Hi everybody!  Today I am sharing a super fun and glittery shaker card I made for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.  I am so happy because I was able to use my fluorescent Copic markers again for this card!  The sugar skulls from the new Whimsy Stamps Sugar Skulls stamp set are perfect to use them with!  

If you are like me, then you HAD to get the fluorescent Copics because they are so bright and beautiful!  After I bought them though, I found myself wondering what I could use them on.  I am getting better at finding stamps I can use them with, and am going to try my best to keep bringing you examples of cards using the fluorescent Copics.  If you would like to see cards I have previously made with them, please click here and here.  Now, on to today's card!  


For the background I used the awesome new Newton's Nook Design's Spiderweb stencil with purple glitter paste on black paper.  I set that aside to dry, and used the second largest die from My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Frames die set to cut out the purple glitter frame, and black paper for the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment from the Sugar Skulls stamp set with embossing ink and white heat embossed it.  After the spiderweb was dry, I used liquid glue to adhere the sentiment piece to the background piece.  I attached a piece of acetate to the purple glitter frame and dabbed it with a dryer sheet to help avoid static.  After putting the sequins down, I used two layers of foam tape around the frame, and adhered it to my card base.  

With the shaker complete, I stamped two of the super cool sugar skull images with black dye ink on Copic friendly white paper.  I left stamps in place in my stamp positioning tool, and colored the images with the fluorescent Copics, and a couple of grays for shadowing.  After I was done coloring, I re-stamped the images with black pigment ink and clear heat embossed them.  I fussy cut the skulls out and attached them to my card using liquid glue and foam tape.  Since the black pigment ink is so dark, it really makes the fluorescent colors pop! 






Copic Colors used:
  • FRV1, FYR1, FY1, FYG1, FV2, FYG2, FBG2, FB2
  • C0, C1
This may be a surprise, but I actually didn't add anymore glitter to this card!  Between the purple glitter border and frame, and purple glitter spiderweb, I figured this card was glittery enough!  The fluorescent Copics are so much fun to create with that I hope I was able to inspire you to give yours a try.  Thank you and I hope you have a great day!

2 comments: