Wednesday, August 5, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 3 - Symmetry

Hi everyone!  Did you have to get the fluorescent Copic markers like I did because they are so bright and beautiful, but now you aren't quite sure what to color with them?  This card was fun to create and also makes use of those bright, beautiful markers!  Here is my entry into the My Favorite Things Summer School series Day 3 - Symmetry.  


For this card I stamped the heart image from the Simon Says Stamp Center Cut Heart background stamp with dye ink, leaving the stamp in place in my stamp positioning tool.  After coloring the heart with the fluorescent Copic markers, I then re-stamped my image with black pigment ink, which I clear heat embossed for a shiny look!  Using the black pigment ink also makes the lines nice and dark so when the heart was completed, it reminded me of a stained glass window.  I fussy cut the heart and popped it up with foam tape on a plain white background panel for some dimension! 

I die cut the sentiment three times, twice with white card stock, and once with the pink glitter card stock.  I used liquid glue to adhere the three layers together and to attach the sentiment to the card base.  




Copic colors used:
  • FRV1, FYR1, FY1, FYG1, FV2, FYG2, FBG2, FB2
To finish off this card I added a tiny bit of glitter with a glitter pen on the two pink hearts within the big heart.  I also added the crystals next to the sentiment for some more symmetry since my sentiment itself is not very symmetrical!  This card was easy and fun to make.  I especially enjoyed using the fluorescent Copic markers, and I hope I was able to inspire you to use yours as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment