Wednesday, August 26, 2020

SSS Monday Challenge - Beautiful Botanicals, Beautiful Bones Series - Card One

Update 10/17/20:  I have decided to start a series of cards I am calling Beautiful Bones.  I don't know how often I will add to this series, or how many cards it will contain, but I already have ideas for more.  I am in love with Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp sets that contain a variety of bone and skeleton stamps.  I really enjoy stamping them out in black ink on white cardstock, and then coloring flower stamps to adorn the bones.

Original Post:

Hi All!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Beautiful Botanicals.  As I wait for my new Tim Holtz stamps, I couldn't help but break out the Weird Science stamp set from last year!


I started this card by cutting an A2 size piece of white card stock.  I used the largest die from the My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle Frames die set to cut the black glitter frame.  The glitter is subtle and difficult to see in the pictures.  I then placed the frame onto the white card stock, without attaching it, to get the alignment I wanted for the ribs stamp.  I removed the frame and stamped the ribs in black pigment ink.  I then attached the black frame to the white card stock with thin foam tape.  

Next, I stamped the cluster of flowers from SSS Look for the Rainbows stamp set, and one of the butterflies from SSS Beautiful Butterflies stamp set.  I stamped two of the same butterfly, so I could attach one on top of the other with the wings bent up, for a fluttering look!  I colored the flowers and butterflies with Copic markers, cut them out with their coordinating dies, and adhered them to the card with foam tape.





Copic Colors used for Flowers:
  • RV10, RV13, RV14, RV25
  • V01, V12, V04, V17
  • Y000, Y02, Y08, Y17
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG03, YG17
  • G21, G24, G94
Butterfly:
  • Y08, Y17, YR04, YR16, YR07, YR09
  • Body - N8

I finished off this card by adding a little glitter, glossy accents, and a few iridescent crystals for some bling!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

1 comment: