Thursday, August 6, 2020

Spooky Skeletons Slimline Card

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #129 - Sketch Challenge.  I used the fluorescent Copic markers to create this fun Halloween card!  If you would like to see my previous post featuring fluorescent Copics please click here.
I started creating the background by blending Distress Oxide Inks Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, and Black Soot.  I then added a tiny bit of water to some white gouache and flicked it onto my inked panel to resemble a starry sky.  Next, I die cut a piece of black glitter card stock using Newton's Nook Designs portholes die from the Slimline Frames and Portholes die set. 

As my sky background was drying, I stamped the images from NND Spooky Skeletons stamp set with dye ink.  I left the stamps in place in my stamp positioning tool while I colored the images with the bright and gorgeous fluorescent Copic markers!  After I was finished coloring, I re-stamped my images with black pigment ink and clear heat embossed them for a shiny look.  I then die cut them out with the coordinating die set.  Since the black pigment ink is so dark, using it with the fluorescent Copics really makes the colors pop!  

After my sky background was dry, I attached it to a piece of black glitter card stock for a border, and then attached the black glitter portholes to my sky background with foam tape.  After figuring out the placement of my skeletons, I stamped the sentiments and images from NND Spooky Street stamp set with black pigment ink.  I adhered the skeletons in place with liquid glue and foam tape.

Copic colors used:
  • FRV1, FYR1, FY1, FYG1, FV2, FYG2, FBG2, FB2
I had a lot of fun making this card and really enjoyed using the fluorescent Copic markers.  I hope to bring you more cards featuring these markers in the future, and I hope I was able to inspire you to get your fluorescent Copics out and have fun with them! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh a Halloween card, my favorite to make! This is spook-tacular with the spooky background and all those skeletons! Love it! Thanks for using the Inky Paws Challenge sketch to make this fun card!
    Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I love making Halloween cards too!

      Delete
  2. This Halloween card is the bomb!
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this card is so awesome, Amy! Your vibrant color combo, the ink blending! Super cute for Halloween, I love it! Thank you for joining us at Inky Paws this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal! I was so happy to be able to use the fluorescent markers!

      Delete
  4. This is such a fantastic halloween card! the coloring and embossing on the skeletons is so bright and fun ☺ thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete