Thursday, August 6, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 5 - White Space

Hi everyone!  My Favorite Things is having their Summer School series and here is my entry for Day 5 - White Space.  Have you seen MFT selfie stamps?  They are so fun and you could even make a whole series of cards with them!
For my card today, I die cut a white card base using the largest die in the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die set.  I stamped the parrot image from the MFT Picture Perfect Party Animals stamp set and colored it with Copic markers.  I then die cut the image using the MFT Selfie Square die, and popped it up on my white card base with foam tape for some dimension.

I stamped my sentiment in black pigment ink and used clear embossing powder for a shiny look!
Copic colors used for Parrots:
  • BG11, BG23, BG13, BG15
  • YG01, YG03, YG06, YG17
  • RV13, RV14, RV25, RV29
  • Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08
  • Mouths - R20, R32, R43
  • Beaks - Y06, Y08, Y35, Y17
    • Y17, YR04, YR07
  • Hats - Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08
    • V12, V04, V15, V17
Balloon: 
  • V12, V04, V15
For finishing touches on this card I added some glitter to the balloon and party hats, and used glossy accents on the balloon and the parrot's mouths.  All of the critters in these images look like they are having a great time and it makes them so much fun to color!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

2 comments: