Monday, November 2, 2020

Autumn Newton

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #135 - Sketch Challenge.  I thought this stamp and stencil went perfectly together so I had to create a card with them!


This is a 5"x 7" card.  I started the background by inking the NND Falling Leaves stencil on Kraft paper with Distress Oxide Inks Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door.  I mounted my background on chocolate color glitter cardstock, and used the same cardstock for the bottom paper strip.  For the top paper strip, I used an Autumn orange color glitter cardstock.

Next, I used the largest smooth edged stitched circle from NND Circle Frames die set to cut out a piece of white cardstock.  I then stamped out the adorable image of Newton playing in a pile of leaves, and a few single leaves as well from NND Autumn Newton stamp set.  I colored all of the images with Copic markers, and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  I stamped the sentiment in brown pigment ink and clear heat embossed.  I used foam tape to adhere the stitched circle, Newton, and falling leaves to my card!





Copic colors used for Newton:
  • YR0000, YR000, YR20, T1, YR31 - stripes
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
  • R11
Leaves:
  • Y08, Y17, YR04, YR07
  • YR04, YR07, YR09, R05, R27, R46

To finish off this card I added glitter to the falling leaves and glossy accents on Newton's nose!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful autumn card! The stenciled flowers look lovely with the glitter papers! so glad to see another one of your cards at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, all those gorgeous fall colors! Thanks for joining us in our sketch challenge at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete