Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Feline Batty!

 Hi All!  I am sharing a card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #135 - Sketch Challenge.  I love making Halloween cards, but it seems this will be my last one for this year.  I already can't wait to see the new Halloween stamp sets that come out next year!  Lol!!


This is a 5"x 7" card.  I started it by ink blending the background with Distress Ink colors Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, and Black Soot around the edges.  This has become my favorite color combo for a Halloween night sky!  I love how vibrant the Distress Inks are!  After blending the background, I flicked some black paint and white gouache onto it for added texture.  Once the background had dried, I used Midnight Sparkle Kiss glitter paste with NND Flying Bats stencil.  I mounted my background on plain black cardstock, and also used the black cardstock for the bottom paper strip.  For the top paper strip, I applied Wilted Violet Distress Ink to smooth white cardstock, and then blended Black Soot around the edges.  I was originally going to stamp the sentiment on the black paper strip and white heat emboss it, but thought that would look too crowded.  I opted to stamp the sentiment in black pigment ink on the purple strip, and I'm glad I did!

Next, I used the largest smooth edged stitched circle from NND Circle Frames die set to cut out an off-white glitter moon.  I then stamped out the super cute Batty Newton image, colored him with Copic markers, and cut him out with the coordinating die.  I then used foam tape to adhere the moon and Newton to my card!




Copic colors used for Newton:
  • Y35, Y17, YR15, T1, T3, YR16 - stripes
  • Belly - Y19, Y17, YR15, T1, T3
  • Ears and Beans - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R20, R32
Bat Wings:
  • BG11, BG32, BG13, BG49, T1, T3

To finish off this card I added glossy accents to Newton's nose and beans.  I actually didn't add any additional glitter!  Between the flying glitter bats in the background and the glitter moon, this card seemed sparkly enough!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. This card is awesome! Newton looks like he’s ready to take charge! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vibrant colors! I agree Halloween cards are my favorite and it's bittersweet to put the stamps away for the year. Always happy to see your amazing work at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! I love the Distress Inks! They are so vibrant.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! Those colors look neon and like you would see them under a black light! Very cool effect! Thanks for playing along with us at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Amy, every time I see one of your cards, I am just blown away! Your colors are always so eye catching and the layouts are beautiful. Great job again! Thanks for joining us at Inky Paws! Crystal

    ReplyDelete