Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Fangs So Much!

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Your Next Stamp Challenge #149 - Give Thanks.  I love making Halloween cards, and I just love this cute kitty and the sentiment.  I couldn't wait to use them!


I started the background by blending Distress Ink colors Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, and Black Soot around the edges.  I then used white gouache with a tiny bit of water and flicked it onto my background.  After drying, I used Simon Says Stamp Batty stencil with Midnight Sparkle Kiss glitter paste.  I set my background aside to dry and die cut the grass out of black cardstock with Newton's Nook Designs Land Borders die.  I then stamped this adorable image from Your Next Stamp Happy Meowoeen stamp set.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with the coordinating die.  

After the bats had dried, I stamped the tree, gravestones, and owl from Newton's Nook Designs Spooky Street stamp set with black pigment ink.  I adhered the first layer of grass with liquid glue, and the second with foam tape.  I then attached my kitty image with liquid glue and foam tape as well.  I used the smallest banner die in the Your Next Stamp Stitched Fishtail Banner die set to cut out the banner for my sentiment.  I then stamped the sentiment in embossing ink and white heat embossed.  I popped up the banner on thin foam squares for a little dimension!





Copic colors used for Kitty:
  • Y35, Y17, YR15, YR16
  • Stripes - YR15, YR16, YR18, YR27
  • Ears and Nose - R20, R32, R43
  • Bowtie - R05, R27, R46, R39
  • Cape - C3, C5, C7, C9
Mouse:
  • N0, N2, N4
  • Ear - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R43
Coffin:
  • E31, E35, E57, E79
I used a gold metallic pen on the cross the mouse is holding, and a silver metallic pen on the coffin to look like nail heads.  


For finishing touches on this card I added glitter to the kitty's bowtie and glossy accents on his nose and fangs!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment