Friday, October 16, 2020

Be-witch-ing Newton

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #134 - Color Challenge.  The colors are Orange, Purple, Yellow, and Black.  I used the Witchy Newton stamp for the last color challenge as well, but I just love this stamp!  It is so much fun to color!


This is an A6 size card, which is 6 1/4" x 4 1/2".  I started by die cutting a mask for the moon from Altenew's To the Moon die set.  I used purple tape to temporarily attach it to my background and began ink blending.  I used Distress Oxide Ink colors Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Wilted Violet.  You can only see a little bit of the Wilted Violet since most of it got covered up with the hill and grass.  I then used Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink with NND Clouds stencil.  After inking the background, I flicked a little black paint onto it for some added texture.  After the background had dried, I removed the mask for the moon and stamped it with the coordinating moon stamp.  

Next, I cut out the hill and grass with NND Land Borders dies.  I adhered them to my card with liquid glue and foam tape.  I stamped the house from NND Spooky Street stamp set with black pigment ink right onto my card, and then stamped the graveyard from the same set onto white cardstock, which I fussy cut.  I stamped out one of my favorite Newton images, Witchy Newton, and colored it with Copic markers.  I stamped the sentiment in embossing ink and white heat embossed. 

After everything else was attached to the card, I was able to place the bats exactly where I wanted them.  I used the bat dies from NND Halloween Trio die set to cut out six glitter bats.  I adhered three down flat, then attached a second bat on top of each, just by the body, so I could bend the wings up to make the bats look in flight!  





Copic colors used for Newton:
  • YR0000, YR000, YR20, YR31 - stripes
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
  • Nose - R11
Hat and Boot:
  • V01, V12, V04, V17
  • Y17, YR04, YR07, YR09

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter to Newton's hat band and glossy accents to his nose.  I did use Copic color Y04 on the buttons and polka dots of the boot before adding yellow glitter Stickles on top!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

6 comments:

  1. Your orange and black clouds make for a spooky background! Love the haunted house and 3D bats! That kitty image in the boot is a wonderful touch! Always glad to see your creative talents at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! This card was a lot of fun to make!

      Delete
  2. This is just awesome, awesome, awesome, Amy! That sky is perfection. Thank you for always participating at Inky Paws and treating us to your magic. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, those orangey clouds are amazing ♥ Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete