Saturday, October 17, 2020

Beautiful Bones Series - Card Two

Hi All!  I love making cards like the one I am sharing today, so I have decided to start a series of cards I am calling Beautiful Bones.  I don't know how often I will add to this series, or how many cards it will contain, but I do know that I have made a similar card to this previously, please click here to see Card One, and already have ideas for more.  I am in love with Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp sets that contain a variety of bone and skeleton stamps.  I really enjoy stamping them out in black ink on white cardstock, and then coloring flower stamps to adorn the bones.  I am entering today's card into Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Spooky, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make a Card + Envelope.  


I started this card by die cutting a piece of white cardstock with the largest die in SSS Wonky Rectangles die set.  I then stamped the cluster of flowers from SSS Look for the Rainbows stamp set onto Copic friendly white paper.  I used the same flower cluster on Beautiful Bones Card One.  It just worked perfectly for both!  I colored the flowers then cut them out with their coordinating die.  

Before stamping the skull image from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Apothecary stamp set, I used the stamp itself and the cluster of flowers to figure out exactly where I wanted to place the stamp.  I then stamped the skull in black pigment ink, and popped up the flowers with foam tape.  I placed the "haunt" Tim Holtz Idea-ology Halloween Token in the corner, and covered the hole with a copper nailhead sticker. 





Copic colors used for Flowers:
  • R00, R11, R20, R22
  • BV31, BV01, BV02, BV04
  • Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG03, YG17
  • G21, G24, G94

I finished off this card by adding glitter to the leaves, and glitter and glossy accents to the flower centers.  For the envelope, I stamped the half skull image from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Anatomy Chart stamp set in one of the front corners in silver ink.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on your card and the envelope. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card, Amy and a great idea for a card series, too! Congratulations, you are our winner for this week's challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog! Please visit there soon to see your card featured in our winner's post, and contact us with your first and last names to receive your prize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lin! I'm so excited! I can't believe I won the challenge!

      Delete
  3. Had to stop by after seeing your Skull card & eng won at Simon. This is cool/Wonderful artsy looking. You did TH wonderful with Skull stamp.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete