Tuesday, October 20, 2020

House Mouse Designs Scarecrow Copier

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Challenge #326 - Anything Goes with the option of Fall. 


I started this card by die cutting a piece of white cardstock with the stitched rectangle frame from Newton's Nook Designs Frames and Flags die set.  I then stamped this super cute image of Monica coping a mouse scarecrow and colored it with Copic Markers.  I added the "Happy Fall!" sentiment from NND Fall Roundabout stamp set in brown pigment ink, and clear heat embossed for a shiny look.  Next, I found some fall patterned paper that went great with my image, so I die cut it using the scalloped rectangle frame from NND Frames and Flags die set.  I thought the chocolate glitter cardstock would go great with the image and patterned paper so I used it for my card base.

I worked a little in reverse on this card.  I wasn't sure what papers I would want to use with the image so I wanted to get it colored first before picking out the paper.  It worked out great because I think these papers went really well with the image!  




Copic colors used for Monica:
  • Fur - T1, T3, T5
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ear, Nose, Cheek - E93
Scarecrow:
  • "Fur" - E53, E35, E57
  • "Skin" - E50, E51
  • Ear, Nose, Cheek - E93
  • Shirt - BV31, BV02, BV04
    • BG11, BG23, BG13
  • Hay - YR30, Y21, Y23, YR23
  • Stake - E31, E35, E57, E79
Dirt:
  • E23, E25, E29

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter to the scarecrow's shirt, and glossy accents to their cute noses!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love your paper, frame and nice coloring. Thanks for sharing again at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, how cute! I love the coloring of the image, your card design and the perfect paper you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite new images. You colored it beautifully and the papers and dies are great. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card Amy :-) I love this scarecrow image and your colouring is fabulous! Love the whole design of this :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifullllllllll Amy and thanks for join ue at our HM and friends ch
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colouring of this super cute image, such a lovely card, Amy. Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete