Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Newton's Summer Treats Slimline Card

 Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing another card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #129 - Sketch Challenge.  


I started with the background by blending Distress Oxide Ink colors Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, and Shaded Lilac.  I then used Newton's Nook Designs Bubbly stencil with Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, and Wilted Violet.  Next, I die cut my ink blended panel with the scalloped edge die, and die cut a piece of off-white glitter card stock with the portholes die, both from NND Slimline Frames and Portholes die set.  I attached my ink blended panel to off-white glitter card stock with liquid glue, and attached my portholes panel to my ink blended panel with foam tape for some dimension! 

With the background complete, I stamped out the super cute images of Newton enjoying ice cream from the Newton's Summer Treats stamp set.  I colored the images with Copic markers and die cut them out with the coordinating die set.  After figuring out the placement of each Newton, I stamped the sentiments with black pigment ink, and adhered the images with foam tape and liquid glue.  





Copic Colors used for Buff Newton:
  • YR0000, YR000, YR20, YR31 - stripes 
  • Ears - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R32
Gray Spotted Newton:
  • W0, W1, W2, W4, W6
  • Ears, Tongue, and Beans - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R20
Orange Spotted Newton:
  • Y35, Y17, YR15, YR16, N0, N1
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
  • Nose - R11
Gray Striped Newton:
  • C0, C1, C2, C3 - stripes
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
  • Nose - R00
Other color combinations used:
  • V000, V01, V04
  • RV10, RV21, RV23
  • R05, R24, R27, R46
  • Y000, Y02, Y06, Y08
  • Y21, Y23, Y26
  • G0000, G000, G00, G02
  • BG11, BG23, BG13, BG15
  • B0000, B00, B01
  • B02, B04, B06
  • E33, E35, E37, E39

To finish off the card I added glitter and glossy accents for some sparkle and shine!  I also added a few color coordinating crystals for even more sparkle!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't mind sampling some of those yummy ice cream treats! Darling card with the pastel colors! Always fun to see your creative projects!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and sweet card Amy!! Thanks for joining us at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Amy, I'm now starting to recognize "Amy's cards!" : ) I knew this one had to be you and it's just full of so many awesome things. It might be my favorite one yet. The colors, the theme, all of it. Thanks for joining us again at Inky Paws! Crystal

    ReplyDelete