Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Newton's Purr-fect Birthday Slimline Card

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #128 - Color Challenge.  The colors are Red, Pink, Orange, and Yellow.  I am also entering this card into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


I started my background pieces by blending Distress Oxide Inks Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar.  Those two colors blend together nicely making a pretty light orange color!  I then used Newton's Nook Designs Balloons stencil with Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks.  Next, I die cut a piece of pink glitter card stock using NND Slimline Frames and Windows die.  I attached my ink blended panel to a piece of pink glitter card stock for a border, and then attached the pink glitter windows to the ink blended panel with foam tape for some dimension.

After completing the background, I stamped out these super cute Newton images from Newton's Birthday Bash and Newton Loves Cake stamp sets.  I colored all the pieces with Copic markers then die cut them out with their coordinating dies.  After figuring out the placement for each piece, I stamped the sentiments with black pigment ink, then adhered the Newtons with liquid glue and foam tape.  I used a double layer of foam tape for the center Newton with the balloon to give him some extra lift!  





Copic Colors used for Newtons:
  • Y35, Y17, YR15, YR16 - for stripes
  • Shadow for white fur on chest - N0, N1
  • Ears - R20, R32, R43
  • Noses - R20
Red:
  • R05, R24, R29, R39
Pink:
  • RV10, RV13, RV14
  • RV0000, RV00, RV02
Orange:
  • Y17, YR04, YR07
Yellow:
  • Y0000, Y00, Y02, Y06

For finishing touches I used a glitter pen for some sparkle and glossy accents for some shine!  I also added some crystals for more bling!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. Oh happy birthday indeed with this darling card! Thanks for your fabulous card at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesomely awesome creation, Amy! That stenciled background is so subtle and that makes me love it even more! Thanks for always playing at Inky Paws! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister!! You are da Bomb!! Another great card!! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! Your blog is coming along great! I love the sparkle on this card! So pretty!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thank you so much! The blog is really so much fun, and I’m glad I did it. Thank you for your encouragement!

      Delete