Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Floral and Monarch Slimline Card

Hi everyone!  This is my second post for today.  I am sharing another card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #127 - Summer Theme.  


I started by die cutting my background pieces from the awesome new Newton's Nook Designs Slimline Frames and Portholes die set.  I ran the portholes die through my die cutting machine once with Copic friendly white paper to get the white circles, and then again with the blue glitter paper.  I randomly stamped the white circles using the gorgeous NND Floral Roundabout stamp.  I wanted to have beautiful butterflies fluttering their wings on the card, so using the NND Monarchs stamp set, I stamped out each butterfly twice with dye ink, leaving the stamp in place in my stamp positioning tool.  I colored the floral circles and the butterflies all with Copic Markers.  

 
Copic Colors used for Flowers:
  • Y00, Y02, Y08, Y19
  • RV10, RV13, RV14, RV25
  • V01, V12, V04, V17
  • B000, B01, B02, B04
  • BG11, BG23, BG15
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67
  • G21, G24, G94, G99
Butterflies:
  • Y08, Y17, YR04, YR16, YR07, YR09
After all of the butterflies were colored, I re-stamped each one with black pigment ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  That way I was able to get a great contrast with the pigment ink being so dark, and was also able to make them shine!  I then cut them out with the coordinating die set.  I adhered the first layer of butterflies to my card with foam tape, then glued only the bodies of the second butterflies on top, gently bending their wings upward.  I used a sentiment from the Monarchs stamp set on a banner from the NND Frames and Flags die set.  I stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I inked the edges of the banner with Distress Oxide Ink Mermaid Lagoon.

   



I finished off this card by using different colored sparkling Stickles for the flower centers and berries!  I hope you enjoyed this card!  I really enjoyed making it, and am so happy I was able to share it with you today!  

4 comments:

  1. Oh your fluttery butterflies are lovely! A wonderfully beautiful card for our Inky Paws Summer Theme Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister!! You are on a roll!! Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another really pretty one! (when do you sleep?!) thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete