Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Hap-pig Birthday Slimline Card

Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #128 - Color Challenge.  The colors are Red, Pink, Orange and Yellow. 


I started my background pieces by blending Distress Oxide Inks Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar onto an 8.5" by 3.5" piece of cardstock.  Blending the two colors together will create a nice light orange color!  I then used Newton's Nook Designs Confetti stencil with Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxides Inks.  Next, I die cut my ink blended panel with the scalloped edge die, and die cut a piece of yellow glitter paper with the portholes die, both from NND Frames and Portholes die set.  I attached my ink blended panel to yellow glitter paper with liquid glue, and attached the portholes panel to my ink blended panel with foam tape for some dimension.  

With the background pieces complete, I stamped out the adorable pigs from NND Oink stamp set, the scalloped party hat from Newton's Birthday Bash stamp set, the polka dot party hat from the Stamptember Let's Pawty stamp set, and the flowers from the Woodland Spring stamp set.  I colored all of the pieces with Copic markers then die cut them out with their coordinating dies, with the exception of the polka dot party hat, which I fussy cut.  After figuring out where I wanted to place each pig, I stamped the sentiments with black pigment ink, and adhered the pigs in place with liquid glue.  






Copic Colors used for Pigs:
  • R000, R00, R11, R20
  • Nose, Ears, Mouth - R20, R32, R22
  • Hooves - N1, N2, N3 
Red:
  • R05, R24, R29, R39
Orange:
  • Y17, YR04, YR07
Yellow:
  • Y000, Y02, Y08, Y19

I finished up this card using a white gel pen on the pig's eyes, a glitter pen for some sparkle, and glossy accents for some shine!  I also added a few color coordinating crystals for more bling!  I hope you all enjoyed my card today.  I just love this stamp set!  The pigs are so cute!!  

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love those dressed up pigs and the beautifully stenciled panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just delightful! Love the little flowers on the piglets! Another wonderful card shared with us at Inky Paws! Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too adorable, Amy! It's always such a delight to see your creations in our challenges. Thank you for being such a faithful participant! Crystal

    ReplyDelete