Wednesday, July 15, 2020

House Mouse Designs Monica and Teddy

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #320 - Anything Goes with the option of Stitching (real or faux).


I started by die cutting the largest of the Wonky Stitched Ovals from My Favorite Things out of white Copic friendly paper.  I then stamped the House Mouse Designs stamp, Teddy Friend, in the oval.  I used the largest of the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles to die cut the patterned paper.  Then, I colored this adorable image with Copic markers.  There is a coloring tutorial tab on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge page, which is super awesome and helpful!  I definitely recommend checking it out!




Copic Colors used for Monica:
  • Fur - T1, T3, T5
  • Skin - E50, E51 
  • Ears, Nose, and Cheeks - E93
Teddy:
  • E31, E33, E35, E37
  • Ears - E93
  • Bow - B21, B12, B34, B45
Shadows:
  • N0, N1, N2, N3
For finishing touches on this card I added the flower, leaves, and a few sequins.  I also used a white gel pen on Teddy's eyes, gave him a glitter bow, and used glossy accents on both Monica and Teddy's noses!  I love coloring House Mouse Designs.  They are just so cute!

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. I love this House Mouse with her little teddy friend. Lovely coloring and shading. Beautiful flower and paper, too. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super image accompanied by the lovely flower, and not only stitching but also patchwork background. Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Amy! And I love the big flower.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card! I love the patterned paper and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Amy, and that background paper is perfect for this sweet little mouse image. Coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete