Sunday, April 11, 2021

Smiles for You Slimline Card

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card a made for Your Next Stamp's Challenge #161 - Sunshine and Smiles.  These critters are just so cute and I couldn't wait to use them on this card!


I started this card by cutting a piece of white glitter cardstock to 8.5" by 3.5" for my cardbase.  I used YNS Slim Circle Panel die to cut a piece of plain white cardstock and glued it to my glitter base.  

Next, I stamped out these super adorable images from YNS Smiley Happy Critter Crew One stamp set, colored them with Copic markers, and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  I had so much fun coloring these critters!  They are so happy and fun, and I can't help but smile when I look at them!  

I used the largest die in YNS Stitched Fishtail Banner die set to cut a piece of red cardstock on which I white heat embossed the sentiment.  I then adhered the sentiment banner and all of the images to my card with foam squares for dimension!




Copic colors used for Frog:
  • YG01, YG23, YG25
  • Belly - Y0000, Y00, Y21
  • Spots - BG72, BG18
  • Tongue - E93
  • Crown - Y23, Y26, Y28
Ladybug:
  • R05, R24, R27, R46
  • T3, T4, T5, T7
  • Tongue - E93
Turtle:
  • YG61, G21, G24, YG63
  • YG03, YG25, YG17
Butterflies:
  • Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08
I did used T8 to go over the inside of the mouths of the frog and ladybug, and the ladybug's spots.


For finishing touches on this card I added glitter to the butterflies and crown, and glossy accents to the frog and ladybug's tongues!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

1 comment: