Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Tweet Warm Wishes

 Hi All!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Your Next Stamp Challenge #153 - Just for You.  I just love this stamp!  The little bird is so cute hanging up his ornaments! 


I started this card by die cutting a piece of smooth cardstock with the largest die in YNS Ripped Rectangles die set.  For the background I blended Distress Inks Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Blueprint Sketch.  Then I added a tiny bit of water to some white gouache and flicked it onto my background.  As the background was drying, I stamped the adorable YNS Tweet Warm Wishes image onto Copic friendly white paper, colored it, and cut it out with coordinating die.  

I decided on the navy cardstock after I was done coloring, and used the largest die in YNS Stitched Rectangle die set to cut the navy piece.  I mounted the navy cardstock onto a piece of silver glitter cardstock, and then mounted my ink blended piece onto the navy.  I used foam tape to adhere and give dimension to my colored image!  I then used YNS Stitched Fishtail Banner die set to cut out the banner for my sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment and inked the edges of the banner in navy blue.




Copic colors used for Bird:
  • BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05
  • Y08, Y17, YR04
Branch:
  • E31, E33, E35, E57, E79
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG03, YG06, YG09
Hat, Berries, Candy Cane:
  • R05, R24, R46, R39
Ornaments:
  • Yellow - Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
  • Pink - RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25
  • Purple - V000, V01, V12, V04
Shadows:
  • C1, C3

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter with a glitter pen to the hat and ornaments, and glossy accents to the bird's beak, berries, and candy cane.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment