Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Meowy Christmas!

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #138 - Sketch Challenge.  I love the new Christmas kitties and thought they would work perfectly on this card!


This card is 5" x 7" and I started by cutting a piece of silver glitter cardstock to that size.  Next, I cut the red cardstock to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" and adhered it to the glitter cardstock with liquid glue.  I find that liquid glue works best when adhering anything to glitter!  Next, I cut a strip of the red cardstock to 1 3/4" x 6 3/4".  I used silver glitter paste with NND Pawprints stencil on the red strip.  After the pawprints had dried, I adhered the ribbon and bow. 

I stamped out this adorable kitty image from NND A Kitten Christmas stamp set.  Isn't the kitty so cute with her Santa hat?  I also stamped out the holly to attach to her hat and candy cane.  I colored all of the images with Copic markers, and cut them out with their coordinating dies.

For all of the circles on this card I used NND Circle Frames die set.  I attached all of the circles to the card with liquid glue, but before attaching the white circle, I stamped the sentiment and inked the edges of the circle in red.  I popped the kitty up with foam tape for some dimension, and glued down her candy cane!




Copic colors used for Kitty:
  • T1, T3, T5
  • Nose and Ear - R12, E93
  • Cheeks - E93
Hat:
  • R05, R24, R27, R46, R39
Holly:
  • YG01, YG05, YG07, YG09
  • R05, R27, R39
Candy Cane:
  • R05, R27, R39
Shadows:
  • T0, T1

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter with a glitter pen, glossy accents, and a white pom-pom to the kitty's Santa hat!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

1 comment:

  1. So much feline fun! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete