Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Merry and Bright Christmas Wreath

  Hi everyone!  I am sharing a card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #137 - Color Challenge.  The colors are Lime Green, Grass Green, Red, and White, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fun With Dies.  I am trying to use more dies to create my cards and Newton's Nook Designs Pines and Holly die set is perfect to make a Chistmas wreath!


For this card I cut a piece of red glitter cardstock to A6 size, which is 6 1/4" x 4 1/2".  I then cut a piece of white woodgrain cardstock to 6" x 4 1/4", and adhered it to the red glitter cardstock with liquid glue.  I used NND Pines and Holly die set to cut many holly and pine pieces out of smooth white cardstock, and the berry pieces out of red glitter cardstock.  I used Distress Oxide Inks Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn on the holly pieces, and Evergreen Bough, Rustic Wilderness, and Pine Needles on the pine pieces.  After all of the inked pieces were dry, I arranged the pine pieces in two layers on the bottom, and the holly pieces on top.  I added the red glitter berries and made a bow out of wired ribbon for the top of the wreath.

Next, I white heat embossed a sentiment from NND Ornamental Wishes stamp set onto red cardstock.  I fussy cut around it, and attached it to my card with foam tape for some dimension!




For a finishing touch on this card I added a few raindrop crystals!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

6 comments:

  1. The wreath is beautiful. What a nice card. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome wreath! What a cool idea! Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made the wreath! Fabulous! So glad you joined us for our Inky Paws color challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete