Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Sketched Flowers Slimline Thanks Card

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Thanks/Thanksgiving.  These flowers are so gorgeous and I couldn't wait to color them!


I started by cutting a piece of gold glitter cardstock to slimline size, 8.5" by 3.5".  I used the scalloped frame die from Newton's Nook Designs Slimline Frames and Portholes die set to cut a piece of watercolor paper.  I then spattered the paper with gold watercolor paint and set it aside to dry.  Next, I stamped the beautiful SSS Sketched Flowers image, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out with the coordinating die.  After the background was dry, I adhered the flowers to my card with foam tape for some dimension.

For the sentiment, I die cut a piece of black cardstock with a die from NND Framework die set.  I then gold heat embossed the sentiment along with the edges of the cardstock.  I used foam tape to attach the sentiment piece to my card.  



Copic colors for Flowers:
  • R000, R00, R11, R20, R22
  • BV31, BV01, BV02, BV34, BV04
  • BG10, BG11, BG32, BG23, BG15
  • Y23, Y26, Y28
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67
  • G21, G24, G94, G99

I finished off this card by adding some glitter to the leaves with a glitter pen, and a few pieces of gold confetti!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment