Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Newton's Nook Designs Sweater Weather

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #136  - Theme Challenge: Use your favorite NND stamp set.  In a previous post for this challenge I used the Woodland Spring stamp set.  Today I am using the Sweater Weather stamp set because it is my favorite Winter themed stamp set!  I just love their sweaters!  You can use so many different color combos on them!


To start my card I cut a piece of white glitter cardstock to 8.5" by 3.5".  I then die cut a piece of smooth white cardstock with the scalloped frame die from NND Slimline Frames and Portholes die set on which I blended Distress Oxide Inks Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachio.  Next, I used NND Petite Snow stencil with my favorite glitter paste to create the snowy background.  

As the background was drying, I worked on the other elements of my card.  I die cut the snowy hill with My Favorite Things Stitched Slimline Snow Drifts Die-namics, I die cut the windows with NND Slimline Frames and Windows die set, and used a die from that same set to cut the sentiment piece.  I stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink, clear heat embossed for some shine, and inked the edges of the piece with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink.  I then stamped out the adorable images from NND Sweater Weather stamp set, colored them with Copic markers, and cut them out with the coordinating die set.  

After the background was dry, I adhered all of the elements to my card with liquid glue, and foam tape in a couple different thicknesses for added dimension. 





Copic colors used for Bunny:
  • E50, E51, E53
  • T0, T1, T2
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
  • Cheeks - R12
  • Nose - R11
  • Hat and Sweater - Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15, V01, V04, V05, V06
Winston:
  • E11, E13, E15, E25
  • E50, E51, E53
  • Nose and Ears - R12, E93
  • Hat and Sweater - B0000, B00, B02, B05, G0000, G00, G02, G05
Fox:
  • YR23, YR27, E08, E09
  • T0, T1
  • Nose and Ears - R12, E93
  • Cheeks - R12
  • Hat and Sweater - R00, R11, R20, R22, BV31, BV01, BV02, BV34, BG11, BG23, BG13, BG15
Newton:
  • C0, C1, C2, C3
  • Cheeks - R12
  • Nose - R20
  • Hat and Sweater - YG01, YG11, YG06, YG09, RV10, RV13, RV14, RV25
Mittens:
  • RV10, RV13, RV14, RV25
  • Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15

For finishing touches on this card I used glitter Stickles, a glitter pen, glossy accents on their cute noses, and pearl accents on the hats of the Bunny and Fox.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. So cute!
    Just love it. Thanks as always for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge. Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so adorable! I love the colors you used. The sweaters came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowy background is purr-fect. The Sweater Weather set is a top favorite too! I love how you colored your sweaters in your card! Now off to look at your other card!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Your background and coloring is perfect as usual! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete