Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Newton's Nook Designs Pick-a-Pumpkin

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #133 - Autumn Theme.  This card is a little different for me (obviously not with the amount of glitter!), but I made this card without using my markers!


To start this card I cut a piece of orange glitter cardstock to 8.5" by 3.5".  I then used the scalloped frame from NND Slimline Frames and Portholes die set to cut a piece of white cardstock.  I used the NND Falling Leaves stencil with my favorite glitter paste on the scalloped white cardstock to make a background of beautiful glittering leaves!  I then used the same orange glitter cardstock to cut the windows with the NND Slimline Frames and Windows die.

Next, I stamped out the pumpkin images using the now retired NND Pick-a-Pumpkin stamp set.  For the purple pumpkins I used Simon Says Stamp Deep Purple Ink, and for the teal pumpkin I used Simon Says Stamp High Dive Ink.  I then used the NND Pick-a-Pumpkin die set to cut out the pumpkins, stems, and faces.  For the green pumpkin stems I blended Distress Oxide Inks Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Lucky Clover.  I used liquid glue to adhere the faces and stems, and then popped all of the pumpkins up on foam tape for some dimension!





I actually did not add anything else to finish off this card as it is already very beautiful and glittery without adding more to it!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

9 comments:

  1. I want to be a fly on your craft room wall. This is pretty darn cool! Thanks for linking to the inky paws challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo! Very outta the box! Thanks for playing along with our "autumn" challenge at Inky Paws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t solid stamped in so so long! Love your slimline! Waiting for these dies to come back and grab them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh purple Jack-o-lanterns! How fun! Always glad to see your talent at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete