Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Beautiful Bones Series - Card Three

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing Card Three in my Beautiful Bones Series.  I am entering it into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make a Card + Envelope.  


I started this card by cutting an A2 size piece of white cardstock.  I used the largest die from Your Next Stamp Stitched Rectangle Frames die set to cut the purple glitter frame.  Next, I stamped one of the gorgeous flowers and leaves from SSS Look for the Rainbows stamp set, and stamped out one of the butterflies twice from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Flutter stamp set.  I colored the flower, leaves, and one wing of each butterfly with Copic markers, and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  I colored only one wing of each butterfly because I knew what I wanted this card to look like, and planned to cut the other wing off. 

I used the frame and flower, without attaching anything, to help me get the alignment I wanted for the pelvis image from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Anatomy Chart stamp set, which I then stamped in black pigment ink.  Next, I adhered the frame and flower with foam tape for some dimension, and the leaves with liquid glue.  I then glued the bodies of the two butterflies together, adhered them to the flower, and bent the wing of the top butterfly forward for a fluttering look!  




Copic colors used for Flower:
  • RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25
  • Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67
Butterfly:
  • V000, V12, V04, B02, B04
  • Body - C5

To finish off this card I added glitter and glossy accents to the flower center, glossy accents to the butterfly body, and a few raindrop crystals.  For the envelope, I stamped the femur image from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Anatomy Chart stamp set onto the back flap in silver ink.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!  You can click here to check out my Beautiful Bones Card Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment