Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Hocus Purrrcus

 Hi everybody!  I am sharing a card I created for Your Next Stamp Challenge #150 - Midnight.  All of the images in YNS Happy Meowoeen stamp set are just so cute and I love coloring them!


I started by die cutting a mask for the moon from Altenew's To the Moon die set.  I used purple tape to temporarily attach it to my background and began ink blending.  I used Distress Oxide Ink colors Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, and Picked Raspberry.  I then used Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink with Newton's Nook Designs Clouds stencil.  After inking the background, I flicked some black paint and white gouache onto it for some added texture.  After the background had dried, I removed the mask for the moon and stamped it with the coordinating moon stamp.

Next, I used the Spooky Scene die set from Hello Bluebird to die cut the border, hill, and trees out of plain black cardstock, and the grave stones out of black glitter cardstock.  I adhered them all to my card with liquid glue.  

I stamped the super cute cat flying on a broomstick, and the adorable little mouse holding a broom from YNS Happy Meowoeen stamp set.  I colored the images with Copic markers and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  I white heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set, and then popped the images up with foam tape for some dimension!




Copic colors used for Cat:
  • Y35, Y17, YR15, YR16
  • C00, C0, C1
  • Ear, Nose, Tongue - R00, R11, R20
Mice:
  • C1, C3, C5
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
Brooms:
  • YR30, Y21, YR21, YR23
  • E31, E35, E57, E79
Hat:
  • V01, V12, V04, V17
  • YG01, YG06, YG09, YG17
I used a gold metallic pen on the hat buckle.


To finish up this card I added glitter with a glitter pen and glossy accents to the cat's nose and tongue.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment