Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Newton's Nook Designs Season's Greetings

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a very glittery card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #132 - Sketch Challenge.  I just purchased the Poinsettia Blooms stamp set, and even though Christmas is still a few months away, I wanted to try it out for this card!

I knew exactly what I wanted this card to look like so I started by die cutting all of the pieces I was going to use.  I first trimmed down a piece of gold glitter card stock to an A2 size card.  Then I used the scalloped frame from NND Frames and Flags die set to die cut red glitter card stock. Next, I die cut a piece of white card stock using the stitched rectangle die also from the NND Frames and Flags die set, and finally I cut out two banners using a die from the same die set.  I die cut one banner out of the gold glitter card stock I used as my card base, and one out of the red glitter card stock. 

Next, I stamped one of the beautiful poinsettia images from NND Poinsettia Blooms stamp set in gray ink, and colored it with Copic markers.  I left the stamp in place in my stamp positioning tool because after I was finished with my coloring, I re-stamped the image with embossing ink and gold heat embossed the image.  I then cut it out with the coordinating die.  

After gold heat embossing the sentiment, I used liquid glue to adhere the card layers together.  I used liquid glue to attach the gold glitter banner, and thin foam squares to attach the red glitter banner.  I then used foam tape to pop up the poinsettia image for some dimension!





Copic colors used:
  • R05, R24, R46, R39
  • YG03, YG17, YG67
  • G21, G24, G94, G99
  • Y13, Y15

Since this card is so glittery already, all I did to finish it off was add a few pieces of gold confetti.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my sparkly Christmas card today!

4 comments:

  1. More glitter! {sigh} A gorgeous card with those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing this gem with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sparkly and pretty! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete