Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Hoppy Halloween Slimline Card

 Hi All!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #131 - Color Challenge.  The colors are Purple, Orange, White, and Teal.  What a great color combo!


I started this card off by cutting a piece of purple glitter card stock to 8 1/2" x 3 1/2".  I used the slimline scalloped frame from NND Slimline Frames and Portholes die set to cut the teal card stock, which I attached to the purple glitter card base with liquid glue.  I then used NND Slimline Frames and Windows die set to cut out the purple glitter windows which I adhered to the teal card stock with foam tape.

Next, I stamped out the super cute images from NND Hoppy Halloween stamp set, along with the pumpkin top and crown from Newton's Costume Party stamp set, colored them all with Copic markers, and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  I wanted the bunny in the middle window to look like he is holding the lollipop so I cut a slit by his left paw and inserted the lollipop stick. After figuring out the placement for each image, I stamped the "hoppy Halloween!" sentiment in black pigment ink.  I then used foam tape to pop up the bunnies and their candies!  I like to figure out the placement for each image, remove them from my card, stamp the sentiment, then adhere my images.  I am so afraid of getting ink on the images I just worked so hard on coloring!  Sometimes I even take a quick pic with my cell phone so I don't forget my image placement!





Copic Colors used for Bunnies:
  • C0, C1 for shadows
  • Ears - R00, R11, R20
  • Noses - R11
Purple:
  • V01, V12, V04, V17
Orange:
  • Y17, YR04, YR16, YR07, YR09
Teal:
  • BG11, BG23, BG13, BG49
Yellow on Candy Corn:
  • Y08, Y17, YR15

I finished off this card by adding glitter with a glitter pen, glossy accents to their cute noses, and some purple and orange crystals for extra sparkle!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love the tiara on the bunny! A super festive Halloween card! Love seeing your work at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! These bunnies were so much fun to color!

      Delete
  2. As always such a cute take on the challenge.
    Thanks for linking up and providing inspiration!
    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete