Wednesday, August 5, 2020

MFT Summer School Day 4 - Ombre

Hello everyone!  My Favorite Things is having their Summer School series and here is my entry for Day 4 - Ombre. 


I started my Ombre background panel by blending Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Faded Jeans.  When I was done blending, I added a tiny bit of water to some white gouache and flicked it onto the background panel for some texture.  

As my background panel was drying, I die cut Simon Says Stamp Heart Mandala out of white glitter card stock.  I die cut my sentiment out of aqua glitter card stock, and the shadow out of vellum.  I used liquid glue to adhere the Heart Mandala piece to the background panel.  Using foam tape, I popped the sentiment up for some dimension.  




This card is so sparkly and beautiful it is great for any occasion, but when I was finished, it did remind me of Winter!  It was fast and easy to create, and would make an elegant Christmas card!  

1 comment: