Tuesday, August 25, 2020

House Mouse Designs - Peony Song

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #322 - Anything Goes with the option of Flowers.  I have wanted to color this stamp for so long that when I saw the flower option I knew exactly which stamp I was going to use!

I started by die cutting the largest of the Wrapped Stitch Rectangles from Memory Box out of Copic friendly white paper.  I then stamped the gorgeous House Mouse Designs stamp, Peony Song featuring Monica, Maxwell, and Mudpie, onto the paper and colored it with Copic markers.  I didn't do anything for a background for this card because the stamp is big and beautiful, and I wanted to let it shine as the focal point!  After I finished coloring, I mounted my card on glitter card stock which actually measures 5 3/4" by 4 1/2".  



Copic Colors used for Peony:

  • R000, R00, R11, R20, R22
  • Y11, Y13, Y15, Y26
  • YG01, YG61, YG63, YG67
Monica:
  • Fur - T1, T3, T5
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ears, Nose, Cheeks - E93
Maxwell:
  • Fur - E31, E33, E35
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ears, Nose, Cheeks - E93
Mudpie:
  • Fur - E21, E23, E25
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ears, Nose, Cheeks - E93
Grass:
  • YG01, YG03, YG17
Raindrops:
  • B0000, B00, B01

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter and glossy accents to the center of the peony and the raindrops.  I added glossy accents to the cute little noses of the mice, and a few raindrop crystals as well.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

10 comments:

  1. You did a lovely job coloring this image. It's a cute card and I like the colors you chose. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. I'm glad to see that you started a blog. It is fun. I also love coloring with Copics. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the blog has been a lot of fun so far!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coloring! I love the glossy accents and raindrop crystals that you added. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a gorgeous card Amy
    thank you for join our House Mouse and friends ch
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just love coloring the House Mouse stamps. They are too cute!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card! Great colouring! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, hope you will come back often and play along.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue! I love coloring the House Mouse stamps. They are so cute!

      Delete