Wednesday, May 5, 2021

House Mouse Birthday Gift

 Hi everybody!  Today I am sharing a card I created for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #339 - Anything Goes with the option of Slimline Card.  Isn't Monica just so cute waiting for her birthday gift?!


To start this card I cut a piece of Copic friendly white cardstock with the scalloped frame die from Newton's Nook Designs Slimline Frames and Portholes die set.  I then stamped this adorable image featuring Monica and Mudpie, and colored it with Copic markers.  I used NND Confetti stencil with Distress Oxide Inks Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade.  I tried very hard not to get any ink on my colored image!  Then I adhered my colored panel to a bight pink cardbase.  

I used NND Banner Trio die set to cut a piece of white cardstock for my sentiment.  I gold heat embossed the sentiment, which is from NND Birthday Roundabout stamp set, and gold heat embossed the edges of the banner as well.  I popped up the sentiment with foam tape for some dimension!


Copic colors used for Monica:
  • Fur - T1, T3, T5
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Nose, Cheek, Ear - E93
Mudpie:
  • Fur - E21, E23, E25
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Nose, Cheeks, Ears - E93
Hat:
  • RV10, RV13, RV14
  • Y00, Y02, Y08
Gift:
  • YG01, YG06, YG09
  • RV13, RV14
Bow:
  • Y02, Y08, Y26

For finishing touches on this card I used a gold sparkle pen for the candle flames on the gift, I added glitter to Monica's hat and the bow, and glossy accents to their cute little noses!  I also added some sequins for extra sparkle!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. A delightful card and that wonderful stencilled background make a real party feel. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse & Friends, we hope to see you again soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Amy :-) the mousie image is adorable and I love the colorful stencilled background! How gorgeous is this!!! ❤️

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a cute creation. I love how you used the stencil to add to the cuteness factor. The colors are beautiful. Thanks for joining us. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning with this fabulous card! Love that stencil and slim line scallop which really adds to the cards bright and cheery feel!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete