Wednesday, March 10, 2021

House Mouse Perspective is Everything!

 Hi All!  Today I am sharing a card I made for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #335 - Anything Goes with the option of Geometric Shapes.  The shapes I used are diamonds and an oval.  I love the sentiment that came with this stamp and just had to use it!


I started this card by die cutting a piece of smooth white cardstock with the Quilted Frame die from Avery Elle.  I removed the oval center and blended Distress Oxide Inks Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, and Kitsch Flamingo.  After ink blending, I splattered some gold watercolor paint onto my piece.  

I knew I wanted to use my Copics so I die cut a piece of Copic friendly white paper with the same Quilted Frame die.  I removed the oval and stamped this super adorable House Mouse image from the House Mouse Mini Clear Set - Everyday, and colored it with my markers. 

With the coloring complete, I gold heat embossed the sentiment.  I adhered the ink blended piece to a gold glitter cardbase with foam tape, and adhered the oval in the center with liquid glue so the ink blended piece would be popped up, framing the cute mouse image!   




Copic colors used for Mouse:
  • Fur - E53, E35, E57
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ears, Cheeks, Nose - E93
Shadow around Mouse:
  • N1

All I did for a finishing touch on this card was to add glossy accents to the mouse's cute little nose!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. I love the quilted frame and the splattering of the gold. A sweet card. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a lovely background and sparkle! Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! I absolutely love everything about this card!! the background is just stunning and the sentiment with this mousie image is perfect!! ❤️

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super sweet and gorgeous card Amy

    thanks for join us at our HM and friends ch

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete