Wednesday, March 24, 2021

House Mouse Butterfly Ride

 Hi All!  Today I am sharing a card I created for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #336 - Anything Goes with the option of Bugs.  I love butterflies and was very happy to be able to use this stamp for this challenge! 


I started this card by die cutting a piece of Copic friendly white paper with the scalloped frame die from Newton's Nook Designs Frames and Flags die set.  I then stamped this beautiful butterfly image, Butterfly Ride, featuring Mudpie, and colored it with Copic Markers.  

To create the sky background, I used NND Clouds stencil with Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean.  I was a little nervous, but worked slowly and carefully so I wouldn't mess up my image, and I am so happy with the way it came out! 

I decided on a textured blue shimmer cardstock for my base and adhered my colored piece with foam tape to give it a little dimension.




Copic colors used for Mudpie:
  • Fur - E21, E23, E25
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Nose, Cheek, Ear - E93
Butterfly:
  • Wings - RV10, RV21, RV13, V12, BG10, YG11
  • Body - E11, E15, T4, T6


To finish off this card I added glitter to the butterfly's wings, and glossy accents to the butterfly's eye and Mudpie's nose.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. Stunning card Amy :-) the image is just so very cute and so beautifully coloured, I love the cloudy sky too, so beautifully done :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable mousey image stunning colouring great clouds fab take on the Bugs theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us @ HMFMC good luck

    Smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, what a wonderful coloring job you did with this sweet image. Clouds are awesome. Such a bright fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. I really like the pink on the butterfly and your clouds are great. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete