Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Doodlebug Happy Easter Card

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use 2 or More Patterned Papers featuring Doodlebug products.  I was lucky enough to order the SSS "You Make Me Hoppy" Limited Edition Card Kit before it sold out!  It contained many Doodlebug products, so I used some items from the kit to make this card.  


I first die cut a piece of smooth white cardstock with the second largest die in SSS Wonky Rectangle die set.  I used Newton's Nook Designs Clouds stencil with Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean to create the sky.  I used the grass die from NND Land Borders die set to cut the grass out of patterned paper.  I adhered one layer of grass directly to my card, and another with foam tape.  

Since this challenge is showcasing Doodlebug products, I decided to use some of the Doodlebug Hippy Hoppity Mini Icon Stickers that came in the kit to create the scene.  The butterfly is one that I had colored for a previous project and did not use.  It is from NND Newton's Picnic stamp set.  

Once my scene was complete, I die cut the "Happy Easter" patterned paper using the largest die from SSS Stitched Rectangles die set.  I adhered it to a teal cardbase, then adhered my scene to the patterned paper.  




To finish off this card I added a little glitter and glossy accents to the butterfly.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. So many lovely colors. I'd hate to give it away. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I might just keep it, it is cute!

      Delete