Wednesday, February 24, 2021

House Mouse Designs Bubble Popper

 Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #334 - Anything Goes with the option of Bright Cheerful Colors, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes showcasing Tim Holtz products.  I was so excited to use the gorgeous new Kitsch Flamingo color on this card!!


To start this card I cut a piece of aqua glitter cardstock to A2 size for the cardbase.  Next, I used the large postage stamp die from Newton's Nook Designs Framework die set to cut a piece of smooth white cardstock.  I thought that NND Bokeh stencil set would go perfectly with this stamp, and I am so happy with the way it came out!  For Layer 1 of the stencil set I used the new Distress Oxide Ink Kitsch Flamingo, and for Layer 2 I used Distress Oxide Ink Squeezed Lemonade.  I then adhered my stenciled piece to my aqua glitter cardbase.    

Next, I used the smaller frame die, also from NND Framework die set, to cut a piece of Copic Friendly white paper, and a piece of aqua glitter cardstock.  I stamped out the super cute House Mouse Designs image Bubble Popper, featuring Amanda and Maxwell on the inside frame piece, and colored it with Copic markers.  I then adhered it directly to my stenciled piece, and used foam tape to pop up the aqua frame for some dimension!  




Colors used for Amanda:
  • Fur - E53, E35, E57
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Nose,Cheek, Ear - E93
Maxwell:
  • Fur - E31, E33, E35
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Nose,Cheek, Ear - E93
Bubbles:
  • RV52, RV55, RV66
  • Y000, Y02, Y06, Y08
  • BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07
Shadows:
  • N1, N3

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter to the bubbles, and glossy accents to their cute little noses!  Thank you all so much and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. very beautiful Amy and super cute thank for join us at our HM and friends ch
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that new pink color of ink. Your card is so fun and cheery! I love the sparkly frames too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously colored. Love the glossy accents and the sparkle you added. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely HM card with beautiful colours and a wonderful image.
    Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

  5. Super cute card Amy :-) I love this image and the colours and background are fabulous!! I am so envious that you have the new distress color! Its lovely isn't it!! Hope mine arrives soon ;-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card and coloring!! Love the adorable scene with these feisty mice! Congratulations on your House Mouse win too!!

    ReplyDelete