Tuesday, December 29, 2020

House Mouse Designs Ornament Candy

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #330 - Anything Goes with the option of Sparkle/Shine.  Anyone that has seen my cards in the past knows that that is not a problem for me!  


I started this card by die cutting a piece of Copic friendly white paper with the largest rectangle from the Wrapped Stitch Rectangles die set by Memory Box.  I then stamped the adorable Ornament Candy image featuring Monica and Mudpie and colored it with Copic markers.  This is a large and beautiful image!  After I finished coloring, I mounted my card on red glitter cardstock. 




Copic colors used for Monica:
  • Fur - T1, T3, T5
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ears, Nose - E93
Mudpie:
  • Fur - E21, E23, E25
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Ears, Nose - E93
Candies:
  • RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25
  • YG01, YG05, YG07, YG09
Pine Boughs and Needles:
  • G21, G24, G29
  • E57, E59
Gold on Ornament:
  • Y11, Y15, YR21, YR23
Shadows:
  • N0, N1, N2, N3

Since Sparkle/Shine was the option for this challenge I added glitter to the candies and then used glossy accents to cover the entire ornament.  I think it really gave the ornament a more realistic look!  I then added the Tim Holtz idea-ology Naughty or Nice adornment with a bow, and a few iridescent crystals for some more sparkle and shine!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how gorgeous is this!! I love this mousie image and your coloring is amazing!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorraine! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. I love this fun stamp! great "sparkle" additions too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, love how you colored the mints, and the entire card. Super cute. I am a fellow New Yorker (Buffalo area). Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends MOnday Challenge. Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete