Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Happy Little Hello Square Card

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #130 - Create a Scene, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Oh So Cute!

I started by die cutting the two stitched squares from Newton's Nook Designs Frames Squared die set. On the larger square, I created the plaid background with NND Plaid stencil set.  I used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink with Layer 1, and Spun Sugar Distress Ink with Layer 2.  For the scene background, I used NND Clouds stencil with Distress Oxide Inks Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass.  Next, I die cut the grass with NND Land Borders die, and the sun with NND Sky Scene Builder.  I used Distress Oxide Inks Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn on the grass, and Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, and Spiced Marmalade on the sun.  

After completing my background pieces, I stamped the adorable hedgehog and ladybug images from the now retired, Hedgehog Hollow stamp set.  The mushrooms are from the same set, and the butterflies are from Newton's Birdbath stamp set.  After coloring all of my images with Copic markers, I cut them out with their coordinating dies.  Next, I stamped the sentiment with black pigment ink and clear heat embossed it for a shiny look!  I then attached all of my pieces together with liquid glue and foam tape.  



Copic Colors used for the Hedgehog:

  • E50, E51, E53, E11
  • E13, E15, E18
  • Ears - R20, R32
  • Nose - R20
  • Cheeks - E93
Ladybugs:
  • R05, R24, R46, R39
  • C3, C5, C7
Mushrooms:
  • E40, E41, E42, E43
  • Pink - RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25
  • Yellow - Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y35, Y17
Butterflies:
  • Body - E11, E15
  • Pink - RV10, RV21, RV23, RV25
  • Yellow - Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08

To finish off this card I added glitter for some sparkle and glossy accents for some shine!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!


7 comments:

  1. A perfect setting for your darling hedgehog! So glad you shared your scene with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those magical shrooms Amy! Thanks for creating a scene at Inky Paws!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very sweet scene for our challenge this week, Amy. I really like the added pink sparkly paper framing the image too. Thank you for joining us at Inky Paws again this week. XO, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun card! welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete