Tuesday, August 18, 2020

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Midsummer Blues

 Hi All!  Today I am sharing a card I made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Midsummer Blues.  I just love the way Distress Oxide blues blend together.  They are so vibrant and beautiful!

For the background on this card I blended together Distress Oxide Inks Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Blueprint Sketch.  I then added a tiny bit of water to some white gouache and flicked it onto the background.  Setting my background aside to dry, I die cut the largest frame from the Memory Box Stylish Rectangle Trio three times, twice with white card stock and once with white glitter card stock.  I used liquid glue to adhere the three layers together.  I repeated the same process with the SSS Floral Bundle die, and attached both to my card base with liquid glue.  

I die cut the SSS Big Thanks sentiment out of aqua glitter card stock and the shadow out of vellum.  I used foam tape to pop the sentiment up for some dimension!


I finished off this card by adding a few raindrop crystals.  This card was fast and easy to make, and came out beautifully with the vibrant blues and sparkle card stock!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment