Thursday, June 3, 2021

House Mouse Designs Make a Wish...

 Hi everybody!  Today I am sharing a card I created for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #341 - Anything Goes with the option of Embossing (heat or dry).  


To start this card, I cut a bright yellow cardbase to an A6 size which measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/4".  It's difficult to tell, but I used Sizzix Dandelion Wish embossing folder with white cardstock.  I trimmed it down and adhered it to my cardbase.  

I used Newton's Nook Designs Frames Squared die set to cut the bright yellow scalloped square, and the smaller stitched square on which I stamped this adorable House Mouse image from the Mini Clear Stamp Set.  I stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink and clear heat embossed for some shine!  I then colored the image with Copic markers.  

After adhering all of my layers together, I decided to add the twine and bow.  I am so glad I was able to sneak the edges of the twine under the white embossed layer! 


Copic colors used for Mouse:

  • Fur - E31, E33, E35
  • Skin - E50, E51
  • Nose, Cheek, Ear - E93
Dandelions:
  • Y11, Y13, Y15, Y08
  • Stems - YG01, YG03, YG17
  • Seeds - Y26
Sky:
  • B0000, B000

For a finishing touch on this card I added glitter to the dandelions, and glossy accents to the mouse's cute little nose!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

8 comments:

  1. This is colored so nicely. I love the bright yellow and the nice twine you added with it. I normally think about the twine AFTER I have glued everything down. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful Amy and thanks for join us at our HM and friends ch
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Amy :-) the mousie image is adorable and I love the bright yellow and scalloped frame, we used the same dandelion embossing folder too!! :-D

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorraine! I don't have many embossing folders so I was lucky to have that one that went so well with the stamp!

      Delete
  4. I love the bright, cheery yellow! I am always forgetting about my string and have to take my card apart! I am trying to be more careful and not get ahead of myself! LOL! Thanks for sharing at HMFMC..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much April! I'm glad I'm not the only one that forgets about the string! Lol!!

      Delete