Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Bright, Clean and Simple Elephant Card

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I created for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Bright, Cheerful Colors, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Clean and Simple.  I just love the way this card came out, and it was super easy and fun to make!


To start this card, I die cut a white cardbase using the largest die from Waffle Flower's A2 Layers die set.  I then cut a second piece of white cardstock with the same die, lined up the diagonal stripe stencil from SSS Simple Patterns Trio, and blended Distress Oxide Inks Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Mermaid Lagoon.  Next, I used the second largest die in Waffle Flower's A2 Layers die to cut down my ink blended panel, and adhered it to my cardbase with foam tape for dimension. 

I then stamped out this super adorable elephant image and balloon from Pretty Pink Posh's Elephant Friends stamp set.  I colored them with Copic markers and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  I cut a little slit by the elephant's hand so I could slip in the end of the balloon behind his hand, and then popped him up on foam tape!



Copic colors used for Elephant:
  • T0, T1, T2, T3, T5
  • R00, R11, R20
Balloon:
  • Y00 Y02, Y06, Y08

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter and glossy accents to the balloon, and a few sparkling sequins!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment