Sunday, January 17, 2021

Floral Heart Shaker Card

 Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card I made for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Shake It Up, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Layer It Up.  I couldn't wait to color this stamp, and thought it would be perfect to create a shaker with!


I had a pretty good idea in my head of what I wanted this card to look like so I started by die cutting the gingham patterned paper with the largest die from Honey Bee's Stitched Scalloped Squares die set.  I then used the largest stitched square die from Newton's Nook Designs Frames Squared die set to cut the white cardstock.  I mounted both on a white cardbase and used a corner chomper to round the edges. 

Next, I stamped the gorgeous floral heart image from Simon Says Stamp's You Have My Heart stamp set in SSS Slate gray ink, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out with coordinating die.  I used liquid glue to adhere the acetate to the back of the heart, then added two layers of foam tape.  I used my powder tool to help with the static.  I stamped the sentiment in gray pigment ink and clear heat embossed.  I then put some sequins from SSS Girl's Best Friend sequin mix down in the center of the card and adhered the floral heart over them.  




Colors used for Flowers and Berries:
  • RV00, RV10, RV21, RV23
Leaves:
  • YG01, YG05, YG25, YG17
  • G20, G21, G24

For finishing touches on this card I added glitter to the flowers, berries, and lighter colored leaves.  I also added glossy accents to the berries, and a few sparkling sequins on the side for extra bling!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

No comments:

Post a Comment