Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Newton's Summer Vacation

Hi everyone!  For my first blog post I wanted to share a fun and colorful card I created for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #127 - Summer Theme.  


I started my background by blending Distress Oxide Inks Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed.  I then sprayed it with gold shimmer spray and set it aside to dry.  As the spray was drying, I cut out waves with NND Sea Borders dies and inked them up with Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Mermaid Lagoon.  I spritzed some water on the waves and set them aside to dry as well.  I then cut out sand from gold glitter paper using NND Land Borders die.  After the gold shimmer spray was dry, I used NND Sunscape Stencil with Distress Oxide Inks Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, and Mustard Seed.  I stamped the sentiment with brown pigment ink and used clear embossing powder over it for a shiny look! 

With all of the background pieces complete, I stamped out images from Newton's Summer Vacation stamp set and a few fish from the Scuba Newton stamp set.  I colored them with Copic markers and die cut them out with their coordinating die sets.  






Copic colors used:
  • Purple - V01, V12, V04
  • Pink - RV10, RV13, RV14
  • Green - YG01, YG03, YG06
  • Blue - B01, B02, B04, B06
  • Brown - E31, E33, E35, E23
Gray Newton:
  • C0, C1, C2, C3 - for stripes
  • Belly - C0, C1
  • Ears - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R20
Orange Newton:
  • Y35, Y17, YR15, YR16
  • Ears - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R32
Buff Newton:
  • YR0000, YR000, YR20, YR31 - for stripes
  • Belly - W0, W1
  • Sunglasses - C0, C1, C3
  • Ears - R20, R32, R43
  • Nose - R20


I finished this fun-loving kitty card off by adding gold glitter paste to the sand castle, to the area around the castle, and to the sand in the pail.  I also used a glitter pen for even more sparkle and glossy accents for some shine!  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed my card today!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This card is spectacular! I love all the shine and sparkle! The Newtons are having so much fun! This is a real feel good card and makes you smile! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy! This card is adorable! I love all the layers and the sparkly sand is so pretty! The waves and sunny sky make the perfect beach for Newton to play on! Congrats on your new blog!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect ocean scene! The gold glitter paper makes for wonderful sand! So glad to see this gem at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be hanging at the beach with this caboodle of kitties!! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paws!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, always a pleasure. This is so cute. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paw's Challenge.
    Hugs
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete